Out today!! Click here to purchase on Amazon for $12.99 on Kindle or $18.55 Hardcover http://amzn.to/2v5JHIR
I had an impending feeling of doom the whole time I read this book which means the writer did a phenomenal job. This is a tale of a very twisted family with many many secrets that of course eventually all come out. I will list the plot summary after my Likes and Dislikes.
* The twists and turns this story took.
* The alternating chapters told by Cass and Dr. Winter
* The wonderful writing by Wendy Walker
* The amount of research this book must have needed
* The fact that this book was so very hard to put down
* I couldn’t have guessed the ending! Love that
* Some of the themes in this book went a little to dark for my liking
* There weren’t really any characters I liked. I of course rooted for Cass, but I was still never sure if I liked her.
* Sometimes the story had so much detail I had a hard time sorting through it to wrap my head around what was going on.
* I just felt burdened a lot while reading this if that makes sense. There were so many psychological plotlines and terrible people that I wanted to get through it in order to get rid of these characters from my mind.
I think this book will be a summer hit for sure. It has all the makings of a great quick read that people will be talking about. I gave it a 3 Star rating, but it was more of a 3 1/2. I enjoyed making my way through it, it just was a bit darker than I would have liked.
From the bestselling author of All Is Not Forgotten comes a thriller about two missing sisters, a twisted family, and what happens when one girl comes back…
One night three years ago, the Tanner sisters disappeared: fifteen-year-old Cass and seventeen-year-old Emma. Three years later, Cass returns, without her sister Emma. Her story is one of kidnapping and betrayal, of a mysterious island where the two were held. But to forensic psychiatrist Dr. Abby Winter, something doesn’t add up. Looking deep within this dysfunctional family Dr. Winter uncovers a life where boundaries were violated and a narcissistic parent held sway. And where one sister’s return might just be the beginning of the crime.
Thank you to St. Martins Press for the Advanced Copy in exchange for an honest review.
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Join Amazon Kindle Unlimited 30-Day Free Trial
Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks
Amazon.com – Read eBooks using the FREE Kindle Reading App on Most Devices
I’m an affiliate marketer with links to an online retailer on my website. When people read what I’ve written about a particular product and then click on those links and buy something from the retailer, I earn a (very small) commission from the retailer.
Awesome review! Reading this one now & I totally agree with you!💛💛
Thanks so much! Please let me know what you thought when you’re done reading it.